Saturday, October 5, 2013

OTHERS October 2013

Mott Quad (formally known as Motschiedler Madness)

We had a fun month! 

Harry started army crawling all around the house. He has 2 teeth and is sleeping all night long. He's a happy little guy and loves to follow his big brother around. He thinks his big brother is the funniest thing ever and will laugh and laugh at anything Deshy does. Harry joined me on a trip to Oregon to meet his newest cousin Rose, and her big sister Macy. The Garzas, Ryan and my parents all came too, so we had a fun time hanging out and chatting for a weekend. Harry did great, most of the time. 

Desh is loving school and his teachers. He goes 2 mornings a week. He is completely potty trained now- woo hoo!! He got to stay home with Ken when I went to Oregon. They had a fun 3 days by going to McDonalds for milkshakes, the zoo and the Cat Haven to visit lions, tigers, jaguars and cheetahs. 

Allyson had fun in Oregon visiting with the Original Six and their spouses and kids. It was a whirlwind of a trip but totally worth it. I'm working 2 days at the school as an administrator while Deshy attends. We're working on some fun projects with PBS (look for our TV spot in November & December) and getting ready for all the upcoming holiday parties, charity events and school-wide activities. 

Ken is busy, busy. He is still working with our broker on selling our apartment complex and we feel hopeful that it will sell soon. We are preparing for construction of our Clovis complex, located on Ashlan & Temperance. We've had several meetings with the architect to come up with the perfect floor plan and site plan. We hope to start construction soon after Christmas. We are scheduled to demo the house and barn, that are on the property, Monday the 7th, so if anyone wants to join me and the boys for a Demo party, we'll be there. We're very excited for what the future holds for our little business!

NOTE FROM ELDER MATHIAS BOGGS:

Making sure that we account to ourselves at the end of each week and at the end of most days.  It has been good.  I feel like
we are moving in the right direction.  ...Even if those we are
teaching are struggling.  But we are doing our best and so even though
the outcomes of our work are not super positive, I feel great still.
:)

I know we are not perfect and I know there are lots of things westill need to improve on.  But at the same time I at least know we are
working hard to do our best and help this area progress.  :)  It is a
pretty great work.  I love being a missionary.  People always ask us
if we miss our families and why we are here and such.  I tell them I
don't miss you at all!!  ......hehe.  Just kidding!  :)  I say of
course I miss you all.  But two years really isn't that long.  And I
know why I am here.  I know that this work is super important.  And I
find tons of joy helping people learn.  And..... like I noticed
yesterday, when you learn to love the people here that you are
teaching, that is the time when you feel the best.  That is when you
know you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.
--Elder Boggs


NOTE FROM SISTER DEEANN LOVELAND
I am here in the Los Angeles Family History Library. I am enjoying the people I work with and the people that come in to do family history work.
I am learning about the many resources on line now and some of the ways to research.  I am working to keep learning--there is so much to learn.  Today
I worked with our supervisor today, and we were helping a patron, find their ancestor in Peru.  She used google maps, to check where we were and what 
other little towns were around.  We did find one of the people's death certificate.  It was neat.
Hope you are all doing well and watching out for each other--maybe I can come there for Thanksgiving?  
---Sister Loveland




WARD WIDE WEB

Water polo season is in full swing. Logan is a starter on his 7th grade team. You can find us at Logan's games on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.




The Bulldogs had a great victory this month - they beat Boise! Jeremy was so happy! We went to the game to sell programs as a fundraiser for the boy scout troop, got to stay and watch the game, and went home happy with a great win!


Trevor turned the big 1-4 last month. Yes, folks. He is officially old enough to attend those amazing church dances. He is thrilled! And, bonus, he is also officially taller than his mother. Wow. He is definitely growing up.


Jennifer, Lizzie, and Grandma Elizabeth got to attend the Selma Sound of Music production - starring our very own Michael Scott at Captain Von Trapp!! It was a great show in a brand new beautiful state of the art theater. We decided that we need to have Michael lead us in some campfire songs at Pismo from now on... and throw in a few solos for him as well! :)


  

No comments: